Meet James T. Foskett, M.D.
James T. Foskett, M.D.
Scope of Practice:
Cottage Orthopedics & Podiatry
834 N Seminary Street – Suite 102
Galesburg, IL 61401
Office Phone Number:
Accepting New Patients:
American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine
Internship / Residency:
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Orthopedic Surgery Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN
St. Mary’s and Methodist Hospital
Haiti earthquake Orthopedic first responder
Dr. James Foskett is a board certified orthopedic surgeon. As an experienced orthopedic surgeon he treats a wide range of orthopedic conditions, such as:
- Partial and total knee replacement
- Broken bones and injuries to associated tissues
- Sports-related inflammation, sprains, strains, tears and breaks
- Joint pain from arthritis – osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Back and neck pain
- Tendonitis; bursitis
- Hand and wrist pain due to Carpal Tunnel syndrome
- Foot pain/Plantar-fasciitis
- Ganglion cysts (non-cancerous cysts commonly appearing on the joints)
- Complications from joint prostheses
- ACL repair
Dr. Foskett attended Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, where he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree. He received his medical training at Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine in Illinois, and a general surgery residency at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics and an orthopedic surgical residency at Mayo Clinic – St. Mary and the Methodist Hospital in Minnesota.
As an orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Foskett is passionate about restoring both comfort and function to patients for injuries and diseases that affect the bones, muscles, tendons, joints, ligaments and nerves.
He specializes in hip replacements using the less invasive Anterior Approach, as well as partial and total knee replacements, hand and foot surgery, arthroscopy, and sports medicine care. He is accepting new patients and has some same-day and next-day appointments available.