About Cottage HealthCare Alliance
Cottage HealthCare Alliance is a non-profit organization that facilitates contracting between its members (area physicians and Galesburg Cottage Hospital) and payors (third party administrators, insurance companies, employers and PPOs) to deliver a broad spectrum of quality, cost-effective health care services.
Although the ultimate beneficiaries are individuals, Cottage HealthCare Alliance services are designed and delivered to payors which provide health benefits to a defined population. Cottage HealthCare Alliance currently has forty-nine (49) providers, including six (6) primary care physicians, twenty-four (24) specialty physicians, fourteen (14) mid-level providers, Galesburg Cottage Hospital, Cottage Knoxville Clinic and Cottage Rehabilitation Sports Medicine in Galesburg and Monmouth.
Cottage HealthCare Alliance is governed by a six (6) member Board of Directors, comprised of four (4) physicians and two (2) people from Cottage Hospital administration. The Board meets monthly to conduct business and reports regularly to the entire Cottage HealthCare Alliance membership. Offers a number of services to its member providers including;
- Information about regional trends in contracting, reimbursement and marketing.
- Technical assistance in evaluation of payer contracts.
- Access to patients through contracts with other alliance customers
- Development of group purchasing arrangements to lower member costs
Offers a number of services to local employers including;
- Access to a discounted network of health care providers which usually gives incentives for employees to use Cottage HealthCare Alliance providers
- Work-Site and employee health services.
- Consultation and technical assistance in solving health related problems
For questions about Cottage HealthCare Alliance, call Dot Hopkins at 309-342-9351.